All Applicants must:
- Meet the requirement that annual household income does not exceed 120% of Area Median Income as specified by the latest HUD standards.(see calculator)
- Meet the requirement that projected monthly housing costs as determined by SALT do not exceed 30% of buyer’s monthly income.
- Pay a minimum of 1% of the purchase price as a down payment from purchaser’s own funds. All-cash transactions are acceptable.
- If obtaining a loan, you must qualify for a 30-year, fixed-rate, amortizing conventional loan. No sub-prime loans allowed.
- Obtain a letter of loan commitment from a lender.
- All purchaser’s will have to provide a minimum earnest money deposit of $1,000 upon execution of the Purchase Agreement.
- Cash Purchasers will have to provide an additional earnest money deposit of $20,000 prior to the start of construction.
- Agree to live in the home as his/her principal residence after closing
- Attend and complete a required Homebuyer Education Class provided by a HUD Certified Agency. This must be completed prior to closing on the home.
SALT does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or familial status. The Criteria below explains the policies that must be met by each applicant in order to be approved for the Homeownership Program.
The following items are required to be submitted with applications in order for the application to be processed. Please note that all anticipated occupants of the home that are over 18 years of age (“adults”) must submit the requested documents to complete the income certification process. Applications will be processed upon receiving the fully completed application along with the following documents and processing fees.
SALT reserves the right to request additional documents as part of the application process. Any additional documents must be provided within 48 hours of the request being made. Failure to provide requested documents may result in denial of application.
- Fully completed application with signatures and dates on all necessary documents
- Driver’s license or government issued photo ID for all household members.
- Income Verification data requirements for all adult household members:
-Four (4) most recent paycheck stubs
-Recent Social Security award letters, Child Support documentations, or proof of any other sources of income
-Previous two years Tax Returns
-Bank Statements (most recent 2 months) for all accounts associated with the household
- Birth certificates and Social Security cards for all household members.
- Affidavit of Lawful Presence for all household members.
- $50 non-refundable processing fee per adult in money order or cashier’s check. No personal checks or cash will be accepted. This fee is ONLY refundable if we do not process your application, it is non-refundable after the application is processed regardless of the outcome.
Applications must be filled out completely. All blanks must be completed; if the question does not apply, enter “N/A”. Incomplete and illegible applications will NOT be processed. Credit, legal, background, and eviction searches will be processed.
Applications are available at the SALT office or on the www.saltproperty.com, and can be submitted as follows:
- Hand delivered to the SALT office, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm at:
3044 North Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85712
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Applicant does not have access to a copier or a scanner, then an appointment can be made to visit our office where a staff member can do both and start the applicant’s file. Please call 520-352-2626 to make this appointment if needed.